Friday, November 21, 2008

A very sad thing happened today.

I am so sick with sorrow at the loss of my beloved Class Ring. Somehow it slipped off of my finger sometime this evening. Kimberly, Jacob and I had just eaten dinner at Danny's in Kansas City and when we came out to get in the car we were freezing! Suddenly as I was getting in the car I felt the absence of my ring. We looked everywhere, including inside the restaurant, but can not find it. I feel like I have lost my best friend. My Mom and Dad bought it for me my Sophomore year at Lansing High School. They had given me a birthstone ring a year before and I had foolishly given it to a boy and never gotten it back., so my Dad told me he hoped that I would keep the Class Ring and not give it away.

I feel so empty without it., I have worn it for 40 years.

No comments: